Read Our Credit Card Safety Tips
Stop unauthorized use of your credit, debit or ATM card before it happens. If your credit card is lost or stolen call us immediately at 800-444-6938.
Use the following suggestions:
- Be sure to sign on the back of your card in the signature panel as soon as you receive it in the mail.
- Do not share your PIN (personal identification number) with anyone.
- Memorize your PIN, and never write it on your card or keep it in your purse or wallet.
- Always pay attention to the surroundings when approaching an ATM. Make sure that the ATM is in an open and well-lighted location. When the transaction is complete, remember to take your receipt, card and cash and then leave immediately. Do not stop to count your cash until you are in a safe location.
- Order a copy of your credit report annually. Make sure it's accurate and includes only those activities you've authorized. Request your free annual credit report today!
- When your card has expired and you have received your new card, be sure to destroy your old card.
- When using your card at a merchant, be sure your card is returned and that you received a copy of your receipt. When the receipt is no longer needed, be sure to shred or otherwise destroy it.
- Always keep your card in a safe and secure location.
- Keep a list of all credit and debit card accounts in case your wallet is lost or stolen.
- It is important that your credit card has the protection built in to keep your identity safe. FNBO Direct offers credit card holders Fraud Protection, which provides information about protecting your account against identity theft.
- We recommend utilizing a credit-monitoring service, which will help protect you and notify you immediately if there are any activities on your accounts that you need to be aware of.
- Monitor your credit card, debit card, or ATM card transactions daily to ensure there are no unauthorized transactions. View all your transactions with ease through FNBO Direct Online.
- Each month, review your credit card statements for potential charges that you may not have made. Receiving your account statements online is a great way to maintain your account privacy.
- Contact us to report any suspicious activity on your account.