Online Checking Account Disclosures
FNBO Direct is a division of First National Bank of Omaha
- You must deposit a minimum of $1.00 to open this account.
- Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks). In other words, interest is paid on collected balances.
- We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal balance in the account each day.
- Interest for your account will be compounded and credited monthly.
- Currently, the interest rate on your FNBO Direct Online Checking account is 0.15% with an annual percentage yield of 0.15%, accurate as of 02-16-2024 and is subject to change after that date. Your interest rate and annual percentage yield may change. At our discretion, we may change the interest rate on your account at any time.
- We are not obligated to honor checks drawn against your account. BillPay payments from your Checking Account may not be less than $5 or more than $10,000. You may not schedule more than one payment per payment date to the same merchant. For security reasons, there may be other limits on the transfers and withdrawals that you can make.
- After your account is closed if any accrued interest of $5.00 or less remains, it will be forfeited.
- Fees may reduce earnings.
- Non-First National Bank of Omaha ATM1 fees will not be assessed by FNBO Direct. If you use an ATM that is not operated by us (branded with the Circle One logo), you may be charged a fee by the operator of the machine and/or by any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a transaction).1
- Other Fees:
- Overdraft Item Fee2: $0.00
Domestic Wire Transfer (Wires after 3:00 PM CT will process the next business day):
- Outgoing: $15.00
International Wire Transfers are not allowed for FNBO Direct customers
- Next Day Transfer Fee (per withdrawal): $10.00
You may not make a deposit that would bring your total principal balance on any accounts with us to more than $1,000,000. We also reserve the right to refuse or return additional deposits at any time and for any reason (see Section 11 of the Deposit Agreement in the Terms & Conditions for further details).
1 An ATM is considered a "Non-First National Bank of Omaha ATM" if it is not branded with the (Circle One) logo or an AllPoint branded ATM. If we own the Non-First National Bank of Omaha ATM: (1) we will not charge you a Non-First National Bank of Omaha ATM fee for using it (2) if a surcharge applies, it will be disclosed at the ATM (currently such owned Non-First National Bank of Omaha ATM 'surcharges' do not exceed $10.00). If you use an ATM that is not operated by us, you may be charged a fee by the operator of the machine and/or by any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a transaction).
2 Overdrafts may occur from automatic bill payments (ACH and recurring transactions) and other transactions using your account number.
3 You may be charged per text message by your wireless provider.
4 Does not include checks issued as part of the BillPay functionality.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SECURITY FOR DEPOSITS AND TRANSFERS: The security of your FNBO Direct account and any external linked account is important to us. We have various policies and procedures that are designed with security in mind. As a result, we may at any time: (1) change the ways in which you are permitted to make deposits to your account or transfers from your account; (2) temporarily restrict any or all deposits to your account and any or all transfers from your account, if we determine a security risk exists; (3) refuse to enroll any external account and suspend or terminate the enrollment of any previously approved external account; and (4) refuse to complete any transfer or withdrawal based on the existence of a security risk. When you request to enroll any external account, we may temporarily restrict all deposits to and/or transfers from your FNBO Direct account while we verify your ownership of all your external accounts. Except for notices required by applicable law, we may do these things without further notice. In some cases, our security policies may delay transactions that you wish to complete. If any Additional Verification (as referenced above) has not been completed to our satisfaction, we may consider a security risk to exist.
FUNDS AVAILABILITY POLICY FOR CHECKING ACCOUNTS
Your Ability To Withdraw Funds
Our policy is to make funds from your deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds and we will use the funds to make BillPay payments. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 3:00 pm CST on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after 3:00 pm CST or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. Longer delays may apply. In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the first business day after the day of your deposit. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. The first $225 of your deposits, however, may be available on the first business day. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the first business day, we will mail you notice by the day after we receive your deposit and will also tell you when the funds will be available. If you need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available. In addition, funds you deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
- We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,525 on any one day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of computer or communications equipment.
- We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
Special Rules for New Accounts
If you are a new customer, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open.
Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,525 of a day's total deposits of cashier's, certified, teller's, travelers, and federal, state and local government checks will be available on the second business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions (the first business day in the case of a U.S. Treasury check). For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,525 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit.
Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.