Online Savings Account Disclosures
FNBO Direct is a division of First National Bank of Omaha
- You must deposit a minimum of $1.00 to open this account.
- Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks). In other words, interest is paid on collected balances.
- We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal balance in the account each day.
- Interest for your account will be compounded and credited monthly.
- Currently, the interest rate on your FNBO Direct Online Savings account is 3.35% with an annual percentage yield of 3.40% APY accurate as of 02/22/2023 and is subject to change after that date. Your interest rate and annual percentage yield may change. At our discretion, we may change the interest rate on your account at any time.
- The first deposit you make to your FNBO Direct account may be subject to a hold. Funds from that deposit may not be available for transfer or withdrawal until after the tenth business day after your account is opened and funds are received into your account. Interest, however, will begin to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for your deposit (typically, this will be 2- 3 business days after the first deposit is deducted from your funding account).
- All funds from deposits received via a check may not be available for up to 10 business days from date we deposit the check into your FNBO Direct account. Interest, however, will begin to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for your deposit.
- A NOTE ABOUT LINKED ACCOUNTS: You agree: (1) not to enroll an external account that anyone else owns or has an interest in (the title on any external accounts must match the title on your FNBO Direct account); and (2) not to deposit funds other than your own funds into your FNBO Direct account.1 We may require additional verification of your ownership of any external linked account at any time before or after enrollment and before or after allowing any transfer activity with respect to that account (this is referred to as "Additional Verification"). By requesting to enroll an external account, you: (1) authorize us to tell the account-holding institution that you consent to their disclosure, to us and our representatives, of any information that we request about you or the external account; and (2) agree to cooperate in Additional Verification, including by promptly providing any identification and/or other account documentation that we may request.
- Generally, you may make no more than six transfers and withdrawals from the account during any calendar month. See Section 6 and 7 of the Deposit Agreement for further information. For security reasons, there may be other limits on the transfers and withdrawals that you can make. If these limitations are exceeded, we may close the account and move your balance to another account (which could be a non-interest-bearing account).
- In addition, you may not transfer or withdraw more than: (i) $100,000 from your account in any one transaction; (ii) $100,000 from your account on any one business day; or (iii) $500,000 from your account in any one month. Additional limitations apply to withdrawals with an FNBO Direct ATM Card (those limitations will be provided with your card).
- Non-First National Bank of Omaha ATM2 fees will not be assessed by FNBO Direct. If you use an ATM that is not operated by us (branded with the Circle One logo), you may be charged a fee by the operator of the machine and/or by any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a transaction).
- If our Next Day Transfer Service is made available on your account, you may use that service to transfer up to (i) $3,000 from your account in any one transaction; (ii) $3,000 from your account on any one business day; or (iii) $10,000 from you account in any one month. Our Next Day Transfer Service allows for expedited processing of certain transfer request that we receive prior to 3:30 pm CST on a business day; that service option will show on the "Request a Transfer" screen if your account is eligible. See the Fees Schedule in this disclosure for more information.
- After your account is closed if any accrued interest of $5.00 or less remains, it will be forfeited.
- You may not deposit more than: (i) $250,000 into your account in any one transaction; or (ii) $250,000 into your account on any one business day.3 You may not make a deposit that would bring your total principal balance on all your accounts with us to more than $1,000,000. We also reserve the right to refuse or return additional deposits at any time and for any reason (see Section 11 of the Deposit Agreement in the Terms & Conditions for further details).
- Fees may reduce earnings.
- The following Fees apply to your account:
- Overdraft Item Fee4: $0.00
Domestic Wire Transfer (Wires after 3:00 PM CT will process the next business day):
- Outgoing: $15.00
International Wire Transfers are not allowed for FNBO Direct customers:
- Next Day Transfer Fee (per withdrawal): $10.00
1 Among other things, this means that you may not establish an account for another person in a representative and/or fiduciary capacity. (Examples, of someone acting in a representative or fiduciary capacity include, but are not limited to, an agent, trustee or broker for another person).
2 An ATM is considered a 'Non-First National Bank of Omaha ATM' if it is not branded with the (Circle One) logo. If we own the Non-First National Bank of Omaha ATM: (1) we will not charge you a Non-First National Bank of Omaha ATM fee for using it (2) if a surcharge applies, it will be disclosed at the ATM (currently such owned Non-First National Bank of Omaha ATM 'surcharges' do not exceed $10.00). If you use an ATM that is not operated by us, you may be charged a fee by the operator of the machine and/or by any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a transaction).
3 This is not a guarantee that all deposits will be accepted or that you will be able to make consecutive daily deposits at the maximum level. Processing limitations may prevent or restrict deposits that you attempt to initiate before a prior deposit has been credited to your account.
4 Overdrafts may occur from automatic bill payments (ACH and recurring transactions) and other transactions using your account number.
5 You may be charged per text message by your wireless provider.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SECURITY FOR DEPOSITS AND TRANSFERS: The security of your FNBO Direct account and any external linked account is important to us. We have various policies and procedures that are designed with security in mind. As a result, we may at any time: (1) change the ways in which you are permitted to make deposits to your account or transfers from your account; (2) temporarily restrict any or all deposits to your account and any or all transfers from your account, if we determine a security risk exists; (3) refuse to enroll any external account and suspend or terminate the enrollment of any previously approved external account; (4) refuse to complete any transfer or withdrawal based on the existence of a security risk. When you request to enroll any external account, we may temporarily restrict all deposits to and/or transfers from your FNBO Direct account while we verify your ownership of all your external accounts. Except for notices required by applicable law, we may do these things without further notice. In some cases, our security policies may delay transactions that you wish to complete. If any Additional Verification (as referenced above) has not been completed to our satisfaction, we may consider a security risk to exist.